Wednesday 2 January 2013

Finnish cultural imperialism pt 2

Back home at SG and here I come across yet another weird example of globalization. I picked up the ice cream in the picture below from local 7-eleven downstairs to my office.
I truly have trouble understanding what sense does it make to ship ice cream from Finland to Singapore. Especially with very standard product by a global conglomerate. Then again it does keep any potentially dawning home sickness at bay.

PS. In case you are wondering (like me after rereading this entry after almost 2 years) why this is called part 2: here was the first sign of Finns taking over the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they've heard you to be there and trying to make you their loyal customer ;) But why Cornetto Enigma, from all the possible and even more tastier ice creams available out here?

    Hope you enjoyed it as I did with my Classic Mint today :)

    BR - Tuomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps right now in the Unilever headquarters they are seeing a unforeseen demand increase of Cornetto Enigma particularly in Finnish packaging in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete